Please login if you have access to particular applications.
CAAB - Codes for Australian Aquatic Biota CAAB database content as at 5-Jul-2022 16:55
General search form - search is case in-sensitive
- Fishmap - a tool to find expert distributions of fish - by family, location, depth range etc. (replaces the ALA Fishmap https://fish.ala.org.au)
- Get expert fish distribution as a shapefile - for additional formats, query the CSIRO NCMI Geoserver searching for the CAAB layer
- CSIRO Marine Invertebrate Image Collection (MIIC) - browse images from 22 voyages
- Fishmap Images - browse images from the Fishmap
- CATAMI Images - browse images from the CATAMI
View CAAB via Taxonomic tree
- Taxonomic tree - drilldown from kingdom to family and then list all taxa within that family.
- CATAMI classification tree - see http://catami.org/ for details
Reports and extracts
- List of new or updated CAAB records in the last 30 days
- Return up to 1000 CAAB records as JSON using this search tool or view details to construct your own query.
- CAAB dump - an excel file of all 65,000 records.
Example taxa reports
- Clathria (Clathria) macroisochela taxa report with images from the CSIRO Marine Invertebrate Image Collection (MIIC)
- Leafscale Gulper Shark taxa report (image/map)
- Lampanyctus lepidolychnus (Mermaid Lanternfish) report with expert distribution map from
the Australian National Fish Expert Distributions
and CSIRO catch records.
- Macroalgae: Large canopy-forming: Brown report with multiple images (CATAMI)