Voyage details and related metadata, reports, events and data.
SS2009_V04 - is a Marine National Facility voyage
Period: 2009-09-22 00:00 to 2009-09-30 00:00 UTC
Duration: 8.00 days
From: Hobart To: Hobart
Region: Southern Ocean
Ship: Southern Surveyor [details]
Description: Southern Surveyor Research Voyage SS2009_v04. Chief Scientist Dr Tom Trull. Integrated Marine Observing System (IMOS) Facility 3. Southern Ocean Time Series (SOTS) moorings for climate and carbon cycle studies southwest of Tasmania (47ºS, 140ºE). The overall scientific objective is to obtain frequent measurements of surface and deep ocean properties that control the transfer of CO2 from the atmosphere to the upper ocean, and then onwards to the ocean interior in the form of sinking particles.... This voyage will recover and redeploy a sediment trap mooring that collects sinking particles at approximately fortnightly intervals at three depths (near 1000, 2000, and 3800 m), and deploy a second mooring that will make measurements of temperature, salinity, mixed layer depth, photosynthetically available radiation, oxygen, total dissolved gases, and phytoplankton fluorescence and backscatter. The second mooring will also collect 48 water samples for later measurement of dissolved nitrate, silicate, inorganic carbon, and total alkalinity.... Taken from the SS 4/2009 Voyage Plan.
Leader: T Trull (ACE CRC)
Project: SOTS: Southern Ocean Time Series automated moorings for climate and carbon cycle studies southwest of Tasmania [details]
Voyage extents: 47° 05.6' S to 42° 53.2' S 140° 40.0' E to 147° 30.2' E Get voyage track shapefile Get CSV
Participants - on ship:- Click on column header to sort
|no docs found||CSIRO Oceans & Atmosphere - Hobart|
This list includes those that may have only been on part of the voyage. See voyage reports on 'Reports and Maps' tab for details.
SS2009_V04 Scientific Highlight
- report of the key outputs
SS2009_V04 Underway Data Processing Report
- details of data processing steps, calibration information, instruments used and any issues with the data.
SS2009_V04 Voyage Summary
- includes preliminary results, voyage narrative, types of data collected with C77/ROSCOP codes.
SS2009_V04 Voyage Plan
- includes objectives, investigator details, proposed data collection, voyage track and equipment to be used.
Publications from data derived from this voyage
- Bakker, Dorothee C E; Pfeil, Benjamin; Smith, Karl; Hankin, Steven; Olsen, Are; Alin, Simone R; Cosca, Catherine E; Harasawa, Sumiko; Kozyr, Alexander; Nojiri, Yukihiro; O'Brien, Kevin M; Schuster, Ute; Telszewski, Maciej; Tilbrook, Bronte; Wada, Chisato; Akl, John; Barbero, Leticia; Bates, Nicolas R; Boutin, Jacqueline; Bozec, Yann; Cai, Wei-Jun; Castle, Robert D; Chavez, Francisco P; Chen, Lei; Chierici, Melissa; Currie, Kim I; de Baar, Hein J W; Evans, Wiley; Feely, Richard A; Fransson, Agneta; Gao, Zhongyong; Hales, Burke; Hardman-Mountford, Nicolas J; Hoppema, Mario; Huang, Wei-Jen; Hunt, Christopher W; Huss, Betty; Ichikawa, Tadafumi; Johannessen, Truls; Jones, Elizabeth M; Jones, Steve D; Jutterstrøm, Sara; Kitidis, Vassilis; Körtzinger, Arne; Landschützer, Peter; Lauvset, Siv K; Lefèvre, Nathalie; Manke, Ansley; Mathis, Jeremy T; Merlivat, Liliane; Metzl, Nicolas; Murata, Akihiko; Newberger, Timothy; Omar, Abdirahman M; Ono, Tsuneo; Park, Geun-Ha; Paterson, Kristina; Pierrot, Denis; Ríos, Aida F; Sabine, Christopher L; Saito, Shu; Salisbury, Joe; Sarma, Vedula V S S; Schlitzer, Reiner; Sieger, Rainer; Skjelvan, Ingunn; Steinhoff, Tobias; Sullivan, Kevin; Sun, Heng; Sutton, Adrienne; Suzuki, Toru; Sweeney, Colm; Takahashi, Taro; Tjiputra, Jerry; Tsurushima, Nobuo; van Heuven, Steven; Vandemark, Doug; Vlahos, Penny; Wallace, Douglas WR; Wanninkhof, Rik; Watson, Andrew J (2014): Surface Ocean CO2 Atlas (SOCAT) V2. PANGAEA, 10.1594/PANGAEA.811776
Search for publications and reports from this and other voyages
This is a list of online datasets hosted by CSIRO. Other processed datasets hosted by collaborating organisations may be found on the 'Metadata' tab.
Use the Get data link on the right to extract data using the NCMI Data Trawler.
|Data Stream||Data Summary||Get data|
|Multibeam echosounder||No data|
External link - get datafile at IMOS
Get Data from Trawler
Download NetCDF dataset ss2009_v04UWYnc.zip
Search for events from this voyage and others
Events ordered by start time:- Click on column header to sort. Use link on 'When' to see full details. Use the CSV button at the bottom to export data.
|When (UTC)||Latitude||Longitude||Instrument||Identifier||Action||Log||Subject / Comments|
|2009-09-23 00:00 [view ]||-44.7923||145.6392||SAZ||SAZ45-11||recover||Deployed from RV Aurora Australis 2008/09 Vtrials 4/Oct/2008|
|2009-09-27 00:00 [view ]||-46.3224||140.6776||Pulse-6||deploy||Pulse-6 anchored biogeochemistry mooring with small surface float. Recovered 18 March 2010 for redeployment in September 2010.|
|2009-09-28 00:00 [view ]||-46.8335||141.6570||SAZ||SAZ47-12||deploy|
Deployments by start time:- Click on column header to sort. Use link on 'Deployment' to see full details. Use the CSV button at the bottom to export data (tab delimited).
Search for deployments from this voyage and others
|Deployment||Operation||Station||Cast||Gear||Project||Start and end times||Start Location||End Location||Depth||Description|
|Underway System [details]||Air Temperature Sensor-HMT333,Barometer,Fluorometer WS3S-443P,Gyro-Generic SS-NF,Humidity Sensor-HMT333,IMOS Port Pyranometer-SN 35122F3,IMOS Port Radiometer-SN 35111F3,IMOS Stbd Pyranometer-SN 35123F3,IMOS Stbd Radiometer-SN 35093F3,IMOS rain gauge,IMOS rain gauge,IMOS wind monitor,IMOS wind monitor,IMOS wind monitor,IMOS wind monitor,Licor-UWQ 3708,RM Young 05106 wind monitor-75621,RM Young 05106 wind monitor-75621,RM Young 05106 wind monitor-75621,RM Young Rain Gauge,Remote Temperature (T)-SN 2621,Seapath 200,Seapath 200,Ships log,Simrad EA500 Echosounder,ThermoSalinoGraph (TSG)-SS-SN 1777||2365||2009-09-22 00:32||2009-09-30 05:37||-42.8863||147.3385||-42.8984||147.3577|