|Subject:||leak corrected, system appears working|
|When:|| 2021-06-13 04:35:59 UTC |
- entered into Elog/Everlog as 2021-06-13 04:35:59
Equipment: Cloud Condensation Nuclei Counter [view]
Latitude: -20.25867 Longitude: 152.14817
- entered into Elog as 20 15.52 S, 152 08.89 E
I think I have the CCNC working.
Main repairs were:
- to remove the contaminated tubing between the column solenoid pump, cold trap solenoid pump, and drain bottle. I also changed the column solenoid pump but in hindsight I don& 39;t think that was actually faulty.
- The nafion humidifier tube was dry and coiled up inside the humidifier chamber. I had to really soak and stretch it to get it long enough to reinstall
- The sheath flow filter and frit filter were saturated. I replaced the sheath flow filter and dried out the frit filter in the oven
- on reassembly I had a leak or leaks. I tried almost all fittings as I had had most off. the final, and probably original leak i had was the connection to the tee at the upper side of the frit filter that goes to the sheath flow differential pressure sensor. The tubing had split slightly. I trimmed the end of the tube and remade the connection. All zeros!!!!