Codes for Australian Aquatic Biota CAAB database content as at 10-Aug-2020 14:55
Features include - distribution map from CSIRO catch records, download your search list of taxa as csv, JSON output of any CAAB taxon record.
General search form - search is case in-sensitive
View CAAB via Taxonomic tree
- Taxonomic tree - drilldown from kingdom to family and then list all taxa within that family.
- CATAMI classification tree - see http://catami.org/ for details
Reports and extracts
- List of new or updated CAAB records in the last 30 days
- Return up to 1000 CAAB records as JSON using this search tool or view details to construct your own query.
- CAAB dump - an excel file of all 65,000 records.
- Get expert fish distribution as a shapefile - for additional formats, query the CSIRO O&A Geoserver searching for the CAAB layer
Example taxa reports
- Clathria (Clathria) macroisochela taxa report with images from the CSIRO Marine Invertebrate Image Collection (MIIC)
- Leafscale Gulper Shark taxa report (image/map)
- Lampanyctus lepidolychnus (Mermaid Lanternfish) report with expert distribution map from
the Australian National Fish Expert Distributions
and CSIRO catch records.
- Macroalgae: Large canopy-forming: Brown report with multiple images (CATAMI)