The Geophysical Survey and Mapping team uses CARIS HIPS and SIPS to acquire and process multibeam data. The current version of CARIS we use is 8.1.
Standard output products for our bathymetry data include:
- processed data in ascii xyz and GSF (Generic Sensor Format) format. Files correspond to one hour of acquisition. The xyz data is for every good ping and is formatted as decimal latitude, decimal longitude and depth in metres.
- geotiff images of full survey coverage and selected areas as required on voyage.
Products which can be developed on request:
- Ascii xyz data for a defined region. The xyz data can also be gridded.
- Compilations of multiple voyages to image a defined area
- Maps, images, visualisations of data.
GSM uses the CSIRO Oceans and Atmosphere Geoserver to publish WMS and WFS layers for each instrument. These layers are visible at the Australian Oceans Data Network (AODN) data portal website (portal.aodn.org.au) in the Map Layer tool - see Observation Data/Marine National Facility (MNF).